Mantis Bugtracker          
testlink.org

View Issue Details Jump to Notes ] Issue History ] Print ]
IDProjectCategoryView StatusDate SubmittedLast Update
0000966TestLinkReportspublic2007-08-02 15:402008-11-07 19:46
Reportermike_h 
Assigned Tomhavlat 
PrioritynormalSeveritymajorReproducibilityalways
StatusclosedResolutionfixed 
PlatformOSOS Version
Product Version1.7.0 RC 3 
Fixed in Version1.8 Beta 1 
Summary0000966: Wrong test execution state in report "Test Report"
DescriptionI have entered some executions for a testcase for the same build (first execution "passed", second execution "failed") but it seems that the last execution is not included in the report "Test Report". The steps to reproduce it are shown in "Additional Information".
Additional InformationHere are the steps to reproduce it:

Create a testproject: "Testproject"
Create a testsuite for project "Testproject": "Testsuite"
Create a testcase in testsuite "Testsuite": "Testcase"
Create a testplan for project "Testproject": "Testplan"
Create a build for testplan "Testplan": "Testbuild"
Assign the testcase "Testcase" to the testplan "Testplan"
Execute the testplan "Testplan" for build "Testbuild" and give the testcase "Testcase" status “passed”
Then I opened the “Test Report” and the execution for build “Testbuild” is “passed” (how it should be :-) )
Then I executed the “Testcase” once more with result “Failed” (see attachment screenshot_two_executions_passed_failed.jpg) and returned again into the “Test Report” (see attachment screenshot_wrong_testreport.jpg). The status of the “Testcase” is still “passed” but it should be “failed” due to the last execution.
TagsNo tags attached.
Database (MySQL,Postgres,etc)
BrowserFirefox 2.0.0.6
PHP Version
TestCaseID
QA Team - Task Workflow Status
Attached Filesjpg file icon screenshot_two_executions_passed_failed.JPG [^] (107,588 bytes) 2007-08-02 15:40


jpg file icon screenshot_wrong_testreport.JPG [^] (70,507 bytes) 2007-08-02 15:41


? file icon results.class.php [^] (39,433 bytes) 2007-08-06 19:24

- Relationships
related to 0000938closedmhavlat Overall Build Status and Test Report are WRONG 
related to 0001067closedmhavlat Results > Different areas show different results 
related to 0001303closed In some cases, the reported execution status is not the one of the latest execution 

-  Notes
(0001918)
mike_h (reporter)
2007-08-06 19:28

I think I fixed it by adding " ORDER BY execution_ts ASC" to the $sql-String in results.class.php (see line 814 in attached results.class.php).

I didn't find any problems by adding this line, but if someone knows that this line could cause problems I would be glad to be informed :-).
(0002720)
mhavlat (reporter)
2007-11-27 07:08

I was not able to reproduce it for TL 1.7.1. Could you verify, if the problem is solved for the version. Francisco did some modifications of the function. So it's possible that the problem is solved now (without the suggested SQL improvement).
(0002724)
rfan (reporter)
2007-11-29 03:54

The problem still exists on TL 1.7.1. The "Test Report" shows the first execution result for a Test Case, not the last one.

I tried Mike's fix, adding the line " ORDER BY execution_ts ASC". The Report page works fine now. Thanks!

Rebecca
(0002764)
mhavlat (reporter)
2007-12-04 06:11

fixed on both branch and head

- Issue History
Date Modified Username Field Change
2007-08-02 15:40 mike_h New Issue
2007-08-02 15:40 mike_h Browser => Firefox 2.0.0.6
2007-08-02 15:40 mike_h File Added: screenshot_two_executions_passed_failed.JPG
2007-08-02 15:41 mike_h File Added: screenshot_wrong_testreport.JPG
2007-08-06 19:24 mike_h File Added: results.class.php
2007-08-06 19:28 mike_h Note Added: 0001918
2007-11-05 20:27 mhavlat Assigned To => mhavlat
2007-11-05 20:27 mhavlat Status new => acknowledged
2007-11-27 06:41 mhavlat Relationship added related to 0000938
2007-11-27 07:08 mhavlat Note Added: 0002720
2007-11-29 03:54 rfan Note Added: 0002724
2007-12-04 06:11 mhavlat Status acknowledged => resolved
2007-12-04 06:11 mhavlat Fixed in Version => next development version (1.8 Beta1)
2007-12-04 06:11 mhavlat Resolution open => fixed
2007-12-04 06:11 mhavlat Note Added: 0002764
2007-12-04 06:11 mhavlat Relationship added related to 0001067
2008-01-18 02:16 schlundus Relationship added related to 0001303
2008-06-03 16:49 mhavlat Fixed in Version next development version (1.8 Beta1) => 1.8 Beta 1
2008-11-07 19:46 mhavlat Status resolved => closed



Copyright © 2000 - 2019 MantisBT Team
Powered by Mantis Bugtracker