Mantis Bugtracker          
testlink.org

View Issue Details Jump to Notes ] Issue History ] Print ]
IDProjectCategoryView StatusDate SubmittedLast Update
0008328TestLinkInstallerpublic2018-07-11 07:382018-07-11 08:22
Reportermax4578 
Assigned To 
PrioritynormalSeverityminorReproducibilityalways
StatusnewResolutionopen 
PlatformRedHatOSOS Version
Product Version1.9.17 (2018 Q1) 
Fixed in Version 
Summary0008328: Regex removing char from Database information at installation
DescriptionWe've come to an issue while making a new installation, specially at the database configuration step.

Throwing that error : Creating connection to Database Server: Failed!

We made a vardump(into php code at line 165) to see if there was any data loss and by investigating a bit and we found out the problem.

In the install/InstallNewDB.php file at line 56 there is a regex that only contain : #$san = '/[^A-Za-z0-9\-]/';#

And this regex (with "preg_replace(...)" method) removed the char that are not contained in it.

server.domain.com ==> serverdomaincom
admin_db ==> admindb
paswword also got changed



Steps To Reproduce1. Just run a new Installation at your first testLink use.
2. Add DB information with char (such as _.=:) either for server or user credentials
3. Check the credential that are used at the database creation step and see that some character have been removed.
Additional InformationI try adding the missing char into it and they were not removed in the vardump result. So this is possible to workaround it manually.
TagsNo tags attached.
Database (MySQL,Postgres,etc)Postgres
BrowserChrome
PHP Version7.1.8
TestCaseID
QA Team - Task Workflow StatusTBD
Attached Files

- Relationships

-  Notes
There are no notes attached to this issue.

- Issue History
Date Modified Username Field Change
2018-07-11 07:38 max4578 New Issue
2018-07-11 08:22 fman QA Team - Task Workflow Status => TBD
2018-07-11 08:22 fman Priority urgent => normal
2018-07-11 08:22 fman Severity block => minor



Copyright © 2000 - 2018 MantisBT Team
Powered by Mantis Bugtracker