|Anonymous | Login | Signup for a new account||2019-12-09 18:22 UTC|
|Main | My View | View Issues | Change Log | My Account|
|View Issue Details|
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0006418||TestLink||Third party components||public||2014-07-03 14:45||2016-09-06 20:19|
|Product Version||1.9.14 (2015 Q3)|
|Fixed in Version|
|Summary||0006418: PASTE does not work in IE|
|Description||The PASTE function does not work on windows 8 IE 11.|
The Right click bring the Cut&Paste menu but paste does not work
It works on the Chrome browser.
|Steps To Reproduce||Try to paste text into any of the fields of test requirements screen|
|Tags||No tags attached.|
|PHP Version||No sure|
|QA Team - Task Workflow Status||TBD|
details are not enough to understand what is happening and where
if issue regards WEB EDITOR => is not a testlink issue => go to CKEDITOR site
Used the demo section of CKEDITOR the Paste function works fine.
Let me be more precise with the description of the issue:
1. Open test link in IE 11
2. Open a page to Create/Edit a requirement
3. Cut some text from an email message or any other app
4. Right click in the scope field of the requirement
5. Paste menu shows up
7. Press the Paste menu item
8. nothing happens
Do the same in Chrome or hit CTL-C the test is pasted properly
As I am writing this note I am using cut&paste on from/to this page with no problem.
Copy does not work either.
For example: Copy a selected text from the Requirement/Scope field and try to Paste it into notepad++ - the old text that in the clipboard is been pasted.
Hi, I came across the same problem. This is indeed a known ckeditor issue in versions 3.x. I managed to fix it with below steps:
- install the patches for testlink 1.9.14 you can find here on the mantis page. (you should do this anyway if you haven't yet)
- make sure ckeditor is set as the text editor (it is default for the patch version)
- make a copy of the ckeditor folder or rename
- download the latest ckeditor "full version" from the ckeditor website (4.5.10 at the time of writing)
- unzip in the third party folder and rename to ckeditor if needed
- copy the .php files from the old ckeditor folder to the new one.
- in the cfg folder change the ckeditor theme to "moono" (default for ckeditor 4.5) in the tl_ckeditor_config.js file
- check in your browser, make sure to clear the cache!
I have tested IE 11 and Edge, both now have copy paste functionality.
Probably the dev team can also implement this in a future version.
Thanks you a lot.
I'm going to try to implement your fix.
|2014-07-03 14:45||msuberri||New Issue|
|2014-07-03 16:29||fman||Note Added: 0021210|
|2014-07-03 16:52||msuberri||Note Added: 0021212|
|2014-07-03 16:57||msuberri||Note Added: 0021213|
|2016-08-27 14:15||MichielV||Note Added: 0025157|
|2016-08-27 19:16||fman||Note Added: 0025158|
|2016-09-03 16:40||fman||Relationship added||related to 0007575|
|2016-09-03 16:41||fman||QA Team - Task Workflow Status||=> TBD|
|2016-09-03 16:41||fman||Category||GUI => Third party components|
|2016-09-06 20:19||fman||Product Version||=> 1.9.14 (2015 Q3)|
|Copyright © 2000 - 2019 MantisBT Team|