Mantis Bugtracker          
testlink.org

View Issue Details Jump to Notes ] Issue History ] Print ]
IDProjectCategoryView StatusDate SubmittedLast Update
0005698TestLinkUser Interface Generalpublic2013-05-08 07:022014-07-27 10:04
Reporterwitokondoria 
Assigned Tofman 
PrioritynormalSeveritycrashReproducibilityalways
StatusclosedResolutionfixed 
PlatformLinuxOSRed HatOS Version6
Product Version1.9.6 (2013 Q1 - bug fixing) 
Fixed in Version1.9.8 (2013 Q3 - bug fixing) 
Summary0005698: Blank lines get inserted in responses
DescriptionUn der some circunstances (namely PHP running as FastCGI and Linux SO), blank lines (\n) exist at several php classes. This produces http responses with extra blank lines. This fact impacts in a blocker way whilst accesint to the REST api, as this blank lines break the xml response.

Windows environments (XAMPP ones) doesnt seem to get affected

Same issue was described here:
https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-8636 [^]
Steps To ReproduceSet up a FastCGI-based environmet on a non-windows machine
Additional InformationSolving this issue is as easy as wiping each extra newline after the php end tag, for each php file
TagsNo tags attached.
Database (MySQL,Postgres,etc)any
Browser
PHP Version
TestCaseID
QA Team - Task Workflow StatusREADY FOR TESTING
Attached Files? file icon testlink1.9.6_additional_spaces [^] (15,915 bytes) 2013-05-13 06:25

- Relationships

-  Notes
(0018911)
fman (administrator)
2013-05-08 13:59

and what about providing the list of classes to be fixed ?
(0018923)
witokondoria (reporter)
2013-05-09 17:11

I´m sorry, as I used Notepad++ replace all with a regexp (\?>.*), I dont have such list.
(0018939)
witokondoria (reporter)
2013-05-13 06:30

Find attached a list of files with the mentioned final "?>\n". Feel free to double check them.
(0018943)
fman (administrator)
2013-05-13 08:05

Thanks!!!
(0018947)
fman (administrator)
2013-05-13 13:28

Think only files that have impact on issue on XML-RPC are
testlink-1.9.6\lib\api\api.const.inc.php
testlink-1.9.6\lib\api\xmlrpc.php


all file regarding third party code like smarty, etc IMHO has to be unchanged
(0018948)
witokondoria (reporter)
2013-05-13 16:54

You are true, but as I hadn´t time to check the whole require and require_once dependency graph, I changed all of them.

Also happend that when editing the files you mentioned (and \third_party\xml-rpc\class-IXR.php), the issue kept happening, so there must be another class to be edited.
(0021344)
fman (administrator)
2014-07-27 10:04

done

- Issue History
Date Modified Username Field Change
2013-05-08 07:02 witokondoria New Issue
2013-05-08 13:59 fman Note Added: 0018911
2013-05-09 17:11 witokondoria Note Added: 0018923
2013-05-13 06:25 witokondoria File Added: testlink1.9.6_additional_spaces
2013-05-13 06:30 witokondoria Note Added: 0018939
2013-05-13 08:05 fman Note Added: 0018943
2013-05-13 13:28 fman Note Added: 0018947
2013-05-13 16:54 witokondoria Note Added: 0018948
2013-09-14 14:02 fman QA Team - Task Workflow Status TBD => READY FOR TESTING
2013-09-14 14:02 fman Status new => resolved
2013-09-14 14:02 fman Fixed in Version => 1.9.8 (2013 Q3 - bug fixing)
2013-09-14 14:02 fman Resolution open => fixed
2013-09-14 14:02 fman Assigned To => fman
2014-07-27 10:04 fman Note Added: 0021344
2014-07-27 10:04 fman Status resolved => closed



Copyright © 2000 - 2018 MantisBT Team
Powered by Mantis Bugtracker