|Anonymous | Login | Signup for a new account||2019-04-19 03:26 UTC|
|Main | My View | View Issues | Change Log | My Account|
|View Issue Details|
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0004213||TestLink||Export/Import||public||2011-02-02 13:05||2014-04-25 17:38|
|Product Version||1.9.1 (bug fixing)|
|Fixed in Version||1.9.10 (2014 Q1 - bug fixing)|
|Summary||0004213: Duplicate test cases are created when importing new versions with edited TC Name (xml format)|
|Description||When importing an XML test cases file where the test case name has been edited, it's necessary to identify the correct test case to be edited by its internal or external id.|
Before importing the file, the user can choose one of the following options:
1 - Update data on latest version
2 - Create a new test case with different title
3 - Create a new version.
If the "Create a new version" option is selected and the file is imported, a new test case with the edited name is created instead of updating the existing one.
|Steps To Reproduce||Preconditions:|
1. There is a suite with at least 1 test case available
1. Export the test cases from this suite to an XML file: "Test Case Operations / Export"
2. Edit the XML file and change the test case name: <testcase name="change_here">
3. Select the option to import test cases to the same suite: "Test Case Operations / Import".
4. Choose the previously edited file and select "Has same External ID" and "Create a new version" options.
5. Select "Upload file" option.
*** Now you can see the problem:
- Expected: No new test case is created. The existing one is edited with the given new name.
- Found: A new test case is created in the same suite with the new name.
|Tags||No tags attached.|
|QA Team - Task Workflow Status||READY FOR TESTING|
|Attached Files|| t1.xml [^] (316 bytes) 2014-01-17 19:25|
t2.xml [^] (335 bytes) 2014-01-17 19:26
testlink import test cases.doc [^] (42,496 bytes) 2014-02-08 11:27
I have the same issue. I have attached t1.xml and t2.xml
I am working in the demo environment: http://demo.testlink.org/tl194demo/index.php?caller=login [^]
Version 1.9.9 (Lone Ranger)
1. Load t1.xml into a test suite
2. Load t2.xml into the same test suite. Specify "has same External ID" for Consider Test Case as duplicate. And specify "Create a new version" for Action for duplicates. A second test case is created instead of creating a new version.
Note: If I select "Update data on Later version", this operation works correctly as long as there is only one test case with that external id, which would not be the case after following the steps above.
>> as long as there is only one test case with that external id,
>> which would not be the case after following the steps above.
on a test project external ID has to be unique, if not is an error.
Thanks for your contribution
I will use your test cases to test implementation.
I'm going to analize the proposed changed, and try to use it may be in a differente way.
My idea is add more logic to create() & update() method on test case class, instead of changing a lot tcImport.php
|2011-02-02 13:05||taraujo||New Issue|
|2011-02-06 17:34||fman||Assigned To||=> fman|
|2011-02-06 17:34||fman||Status||new => assigned|
|2011-03-17 18:52||fman||Relationship added||related to 0004214|
|2014-01-17 19:25||sbill||File Added: t1.xml|
|2014-01-17 19:26||sbill||File Added: t2.xml|
|2014-01-17 19:36||sbill||Note Added: 0020336|
|2014-02-08 11:27||fman||File Added: testlink import test cases.doc|
|2014-02-08 18:15||fman||Note Added: 0020408|
|2014-02-09 17:23||fman||Note Added: 0020413|
|2014-02-13 22:00||fman||Note Added: 0020444|
|2014-02-13 22:01||fman||QA Team - Task Workflow Status||=> READY FOR TESTING|
|2014-02-13 22:01||fman||Status||assigned => resolved|
|2014-02-13 22:01||fman||Fixed in Version||=> 1.9.10 (2014 Q1 - bug fixing)|
|2014-02-13 22:01||fman||Resolution||open => fixed|
|2014-04-25 17:38||fman||Note Added: 0020837|
|2014-04-25 17:38||fman||Status||resolved => closed|
|Copyright © 2000 - 2019 MantisBT Team|