Mantis Bugtracker          
testlink.org

View Issue Details Jump to Notes ] Issue History ] Print ]
IDProjectCategoryView StatusDate SubmittedLast Update
0004169TestLinkUsers and Rightspublic2011-01-13 14:232011-01-22 15:11
Reporteririshgrover 
Assigned ToJulian 
PriorityurgentSeveritymajorReproducibilityalways
StatusclosedResolutionfixed 
PlatformWindowsOSXP ProOS VersionXP Pro
Product Version1.9 (Prague) 
Fixed in Version1.9.1 (bug fixing) 
Summary0004169: Search results are not being displayed
DescriptionSearcg results are not being displayed when executing search from the detailed search page.
The seach appears to execute correctly, as the appropriate Number of matches information is displayed and correct.
However the actual results themselves are not being dispalyed.





Steps To Reproduce1. Log into testlink
2. on top menu bar click on Project
3. Under Test Specification menu on LHS, click on link for "Search Test Cases" >> this brings user to http://localhost/testlink/lib/testcases/tcSearchForm.php [^] and http://localhost/testlink/lib/general/staticPage.php?key=searchTc [^] pages.
4. Enter a single search parameter that should return a single or multiple search results, ensuring all other fields are blank
5. Click on Find Button

EXPECTED RESULT
Result data shoull appear in RHS of screen

ACTUAL RESULT
1. Number of Matches string is returned and correctly populated
2. However no actual records are displayed
3. IE Error icon is displayed on botton LHS of browser (IE6), with the following message
"Line: 457
Char: 1
Error: 'columnWrap' is undefined
Code:0
URL: http..../..../.../testcases/tcSearch.php
Additional InformationBrowser is IE6
Not sure if this is related, but when attempting to research this issue came across the folowing article which seems to be of interest.>> http://hungred.com/how-to/tutorial-jquery-wrap-work/ [^]

Please excuse the urgent priorit of this issue, I'm on a cliecnt site, tomorrow is my last day, and I just noticed the search functionality is not working
TagsNo tags attached.
Database (MySQL,Postgres,etc)mysql
BrowserIE 6
PHP Version
TestCaseID
QA Team - Task Workflow Status
Attached Filesjpg file icon search issues.JPG [^] (114,459 bytes) 2011-01-13 14:23

- Relationships
child of 0004039closed Availables Fixes for 1.9.0 (Prague) 

-  Notes
(0013274)
Julian (reporter)
2011-01-13 15:01

try another more up-to-date browser first...
and disable any debug messages for this test
(0013278)
irishgrover (reporter)
2011-01-13 16:04

Hi Julian,
thanks for the fast response. Unfortunately I have no ability to use alternative IE browsers, however I downloaded firefox (3.6.13), disabled debug and confirmed that the search functionality is working sucessfully as expected
(0013279)
Julian (reporter)
2011-01-13 16:06

seems to be an ie6 issue then.
-> won't fix. you need to update IE i fear.

to be sure please find compatibility informations about browsers and ExtJS on sencha.com. if a fix exists you will find it there - let us know

regards
(0013283)
irishgrover (reporter)
2011-01-13 16:31

hi Julian,
again thanks for the quick response.
FYI, in my attempts to resolve this issue I went into tcSearch.php (..\Testlink\lib\testcases), and did some trial and error editing, and identified a work around.
Specifically I changed
$table->allowMultiSort = false;
TO
$table->allowMultiSort = true;

and this resolved the issue.
Just adding this note in case anyone else is having this problem.
thanks again
(0013286)
Julian (reporter)
2011-01-13 17:34

i am not able to check with IE6 but i probably have an idea.

be so kind and modify gui/templates/inc_ext_table.tpl:

search for:
{rdelim},
//init plugins for multisort
{if $matrix->allowMultiSort}
plugins: [

and change to:
{rdelim}
//init plugins for multisort
{if $matrix->allowMultiSort}
,plugins: [

(moved the "," into the if statement)

do not forget to set $table->allowMultiSort = false; again on tcSearch.php

thanks for the great hint - seems like IE6 is less forgiving for minor syntax errors at least i hope so :)
(0013287)
irishgrover (reporter)
2011-01-13 17:42

Hi Julian,
Good News, this worked a treat :-)
In order to confirm this, I first rolled back my own inital change, reproduced the original issue, then made your suggested change, re-tested and confirmed it was now working.
So many thanks for your assistance with this. Problem solved, great job!
(0013288)
Julian (reporter)
2011-01-13 17:47

not my work - this was your effort! thanks for helping :)
(0013290)
fman (administrator)
2011-01-13 18:26

Please help us doing these steps (if not done before)

1. add your company on forum
2. go to sourceforge on testlink summary and add a 'thumb UP'
3. go to jumpbox site and vote to ask for creating a jumpbox with TL
(0013359)
fman (administrator)
2011-01-22 15:11

1.9.1 Released

- Issue History
Date Modified Username Field Change
2011-01-13 14:23 irishgrover New Issue
2011-01-13 14:23 irishgrover File Added: search issues.JPG
2011-01-13 15:01 Julian Note Added: 0013274
2011-01-13 16:04 irishgrover Note Added: 0013278
2011-01-13 16:06 Julian Note Added: 0013279
2011-01-13 16:31 irishgrover Note Added: 0013283
2011-01-13 17:34 Julian Note Added: 0013286
2011-01-13 17:42 irishgrover Note Added: 0013287
2011-01-13 17:47 Julian Note Added: 0013288
2011-01-13 17:51 Julian Status new => resolved
2011-01-13 17:51 Julian Fixed in Version => 1.9.1 (bug fixing)
2011-01-13 17:51 Julian Resolution open => fixed
2011-01-13 17:51 Julian Assigned To => Julian
2011-01-13 17:51 Julian Relationship added child of 0004039
2011-01-13 18:26 fman Note Added: 0013290
2011-01-22 15:11 fman Note Added: 0013359
2011-01-22 15:11 fman Status resolved => closed



Copyright © 2000 - 2020 MantisBT Team
Powered by Mantis Bugtracker