|Anonymous | Login | Signup for a new account||2020-02-28 08:49 UTC|
|Main | My View | View Issues | Change Log | My Account|
|View Issue Details|
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0003916||TestLink||API - XMLRPC||public||2010-10-20 12:50||2010-11-14 12:07|
|Product Version||1.9 RC 1|
|Fixed in Version||1.9 (Prague)|
|Summary||0003916: xmlrpc api method 'getTestCaseCustomFieldDesignValue' is not behaving correctly in TL 1.9 RC1|
|Description||I have some code that was running without errors in TL 1.9-beta6. This code was using TestLink's xmlrpc API to retrive the value of a Custom Field in a Test Case. The method called in this code is getTestCaseCustomFieldDesignValue. |
I guess there is some work to be done on the TL API, perhaps because of BUG 3431, that made Custom Fields linked to version instead of directly to an entity (element) id.
|Steps To Reproduce||1. Install TestLink 1.9RC1|
2. Create a test project
3. Create a test suite
4. Create a test case (available for test spec)
5. Create a custom field
6. Assign the custom field
7. Check that the field appeared on the Test Case (created in test step 4) in Test Case specification
8. Write a value for this custom field.
9. Execute the test case and check that the custom field's value appeared in the execution summary correctly.
10. Use xmlrpc method getTestCaseCustomFieldDesignValue, passing the test case id, test project id, custom field name and details as full)
11. 'value' field will be returned as null )-:
|Additional Information||- I'm using a TestLink 1.9 RC1 fresh installation. It is not being updated from a previous installed TestLink.|
|Tags||No tags attached.|
|Database (MySQL,Postgres,etc)||MySQL 5>|
|PHP Version||5.3 x86 thread-safe VC 6|
|QA Team - Task Workflow Status|
|Attached Files|| xmlrpc.class.php [^] (161,805 bytes) 2010-10-20 17:08|
fix-3916.zip [^] (33,375 bytes) 2010-10-23 07:59
|I figured out what is happening, I'll post the source files after I've cleaned them up and removed dev/debug information.|
edited on: 2010-10-20 17:15
The problem is happening because in the xmlrpc method getTestCaseCustomFieldDesignValue we are not passing the test case version id, required in the testcasemanager after bug 3431.
However, it is also necessary to find out the tcversionid and use it in the query, as the value is linked to the version now, and not with the test case anymore.
I made some modifications in xmlrpc.class.php and testcase.class.php. However testcase.class.php modifications are missing more validation/verification. I believe somebody more experienced with TL development could review it, please. Sorry, I'm still not 100% used to TL source code and components.
Hi, could somebody please review the code enclosed in this issue and check if it could be a solution for this BUG?
Many thanks, Bruno.
|1. Parameter list can not be changed just augmented -> version number or version id is needed, but tcexternal id can not be removed.|
|True, my mistake. I should had added the other parameter. What do you think is better, version number or version id?|
I've started work on this issue using your code as starting base => I will commit when finished -> I will add version number.
|Cool, if you need some help, don't hesitate. Thank you very much Francisco.|
|please use attached fix, test and let us know|
|@fman It is working! I read the code and it is very clean and neat, also liked checkTestCaseVersionNumberAncestry method. I hadn't think about it (-: Good job. Thank you.|
|1.9 (Prague) Released|
|2010-10-20 12:50||kinow||New Issue|
|2010-10-20 13:28||kinow||Note Added: 0012001|
|2010-10-20 17:08||kinow||File Added: xmlrpc.class.php|
|2010-10-20 17:08||kinow||File Added: testcase.class.php|
|2010-10-20 17:14||kinow||Note Added: 0012007|
|2010-10-20 17:15||kinow||Note Edited: 0012007||View Revisions|
|2010-10-20 17:18||kinow||Note Added: 0012008|
|2010-10-20 17:18||kinow||Status||new => feedback|
|2010-10-20 17:28||fman||Assigned To||=> fman|
|2010-10-20 17:28||fman||Status||feedback => assigned|
|2010-10-20 17:38||fman||Note Added: 0012010|
|2010-10-20 18:51||kinow||Note Added: 0012011|
|2010-10-20 21:19||fman||Note Added: 0012014|
|2010-10-20 22:44||kinow||Note Added: 0012015|
|2010-10-23 07:54||fman||File Deleted: testcase.class.php|
|2010-10-23 07:59||fman||File Added: fix-3916.zip|
|2010-10-23 07:59||fman||Note Added: 0012048|
|2010-10-23 07:59||fman||Status||assigned => feedback|
|2010-10-23 09:46||fman||Relationship added||related to 0003920|
|2010-10-23 11:04||kinow||Note Added: 0012051|
|2010-10-23 11:04||kinow||Status||feedback => assigned|
|2010-10-23 13:34||fman||Status||assigned => resolved|
|2010-10-23 13:34||fman||Fixed in Version||=> 1.9 (Prague)|
|2010-10-23 13:34||fman||Resolution||open => fixed|
|2010-11-14 12:07||fman||Note Added: 0012543|
|2010-11-14 12:07||fman||Status||resolved => closed|
|2013-04-25 17:30||fman||Category||TL API => XMLRPC API|
|2013-04-25 17:30||fman||Category||XMLRPC API => API - XMLRPC|
|Copyright © 2000 - 2020 MantisBT Team|