Mantis Bugtracker          
testlink.org

View Issue Details Jump to Notes ] Issue History ] Print ]
IDProjectCategoryView StatusDate SubmittedLast Update
0003683TestLinkDatabase MySQLpublic2010-08-16 18:482010-08-31 20:27
Reportermedienwolf 
Assigned Tofman 
PriorityhighSeveritymajorReproducibilityalways
StatusclosedResolutionfixed 
PlatformlinuxOSfedora 10OS Version
Product Version1.9 Beta 5 
Fixed in Version1.9 Beta 6 
Summary0003683: Need help/advise on database issue between TL1.9.x and TL1.9.5
DescriptionHi,

when upgrading to TL1.9.5 (and even 1.9.4) and using a clean database,
the administrator automatically displays or can enable/disable the inventory feature.

As soon as i switch the database after the upgrade to my old one, this however
goes away and there is no way to enable again the inventory feature.
I assume this has to do with some changes that happened to the database during the introduction of the inventory feature.

I tried to see with mySqlWorkbench whether there is any difference between the 1.9 Beta 5 DB or my current database, but there were structural differences.

Can you please give me a hint what to look for/change in the database?
The issue is definitively in the DB, as when i switch back and forth of the "testlinkUpgradeAug10" DB (new 1.95 DB created after new install) and the old one "testlink" the feature appears/disappears.

Note, that even if the new version shows the inventory feature, the system won't take it and the selection box stays unchecked.

I appreciate your help.

Thansk
Hans-Joerg
TagsNo tags attached.
Database (MySQL,Postgres,etc)mysql Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.1.49, for pc-linux
Browserinternet explorer, crome, firefox
PHP Version
TestCaseID
QA Team - Task Workflow Status
Attached Files

- Relationships

-  Notes
(0010874)
medienwolf (reporter)
2010-08-16 19:29

All,
i just figured out what the issue was. The Rights structure was changed and once updated with "project_inventory_management" and "project_inventory_view" everything works.

P.s.: anyone who has similar issues, try using mySqlWorkbench, this really
eases things [choosing the work panel on the bottom right and doubleclicking on the structure it shows you the currrent values and even lets you change the DB by just editing the table's row).

diff newTLRights oldTlRights.csv
27,28c27,28
< 26,project_inventory_management
< 27,project_inventory_view
---
> 26,project_infrastructure_edit
> 27,project_infrastructure_view
(0010875)
medienwolf (reporter)
2010-08-16 19:29

issue can be closed
(0011058)
fman (administrator)
2010-08-31 20:27

Release BETA 6 - 20100831

- Issue History
Date Modified Username Field Change
2010-08-16 18:48 medienwolf New Issue
2010-08-16 19:29 medienwolf Note Added: 0010874
2010-08-16 19:29 medienwolf Note Added: 0010875
2010-08-19 17:26 fman Assigned To => fman
2010-08-19 17:26 fman Status new => assigned
2010-08-21 07:51 fman Status assigned => resolved
2010-08-21 07:51 fman Fixed in Version => 1.9 Beta 6
2010-08-21 07:51 fman Resolution open => fixed
2010-08-31 20:27 fman Note Added: 0011058
2010-08-31 20:27 fman Status resolved => closed



Copyright © 2000 - 2019 MantisBT Team
Powered by Mantis Bugtracker