|Anonymous | Login | Signup for a new account||2019-07-18 01:43 UTC|
|Main | My View | View Issues | Change Log | My Account|
|View Issue Details|
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0003434||TestLink||Test Execute||public||2010-05-05 23:16||2010-08-31 20:29|
|Product Version||1.9 Beta 3|
|Fixed in Version||1.9 Beta 5|
|Summary||0003434: Performance problems when calling function get_keyword_map() to populate keywords filter|
|Description||We have a very large database (millions of results across thousands of test cases) and certain features are very slow unless keywords are disabled. For example, clicking on the "Execute" link will trigger a call to the get_keywords_map in the testplan class (through the initializeGui method in lib/execute/execNavigator.php). This call usually takes more than 1 minute to complete in our case. Removing this call reduces the response time to a few seconds.|
NOTE: Internally, the get_keywords_map method from the testplan class calls the get_linked_tcversions method, which seems to be a major cause of performance issues. In our case, some reports are unusable because they invoke this method multiple times, taking more than 10 minutes to complete in some instances.
|Tags||No tags attached.|
|QA Team - Task Workflow Status|
|Attached Files||fix-3434.zip [^] (29,428 bytes) 2010-05-07 01:37|
|issue is not DISABLING Keywords, but found a better implementation to get it|
|To enable filtering by keywords we have choose to display ONLY keywords that are present on TEST CASES linked to Testplan, instead of creating a combo with ALL KEYWORDS present on test project|
|would you mind to try with attached fix and give us feedback ?|
Reminder sent to: Julian
would you mind to read and give opinion ?
I tried the fix and it works great. The time it takes to run get_keywords_map is between 1 and 3 seconds.
Thanks a lot for the quick fix!
Attention we have found a minor bug on the fix => I will recreate a new one => use next fix when available.
Strange thing is that one member of dev team have had worst performance using the fix.
|new fix uploaded|
|The new fix is even better, the execution time for get_keywords_map is now between 10 and 30 milliseconds. Thanks again!|
|OK, will set to resolved|
|Release BETA 6 - 20100831|
|2010-05-05 23:16||rtessier||New Issue|
|2010-05-05 23:55||fman||Note Added: 0009918|
|2010-05-06 00:03||fman||Note Added: 0009922|
|2010-05-06 03:23||fman||Category||Keywords => Test Execute|
|2010-05-06 03:23||fman||Summary||There should be an easy way to disable keywords => Performance problems when calling function get_keyword_map() to populate keywords filter|
|2010-05-06 03:27||fman||Note Added: 0009924|
|2010-05-06 03:27||fman||File Added: fix-3434.zip|
|2010-05-06 03:28||fman||Assigned To||=> fman|
|2010-05-06 03:28||fman||Status||new => feedback|
|2010-05-06 03:29||fman||Note Added: 0009925|
|2010-05-07 00:35||rtessier||Note Added: 0009941|
|2010-05-07 01:15||fman||Note Added: 0009942|
|2010-05-07 01:36||fman||File Deleted: fix-3434.zip|
|2010-05-07 01:37||fman||File Added: fix-3434.zip|
|2010-05-07 01:37||fman||Note Added: 0009944|
|2010-05-07 02:35||rtessier||Note Added: 0009949|
|2010-05-07 02:57||fman||Note Added: 0009951|
|2010-05-07 02:57||fman||Status||feedback => resolved|
|2010-05-07 02:57||fman||Fixed in Version||=> 1.9 Beta 5|
|2010-05-07 02:57||fman||Resolution||open => fixed|
|2010-08-31 20:29||fman||Note Added: 0011210|
|2010-08-31 20:29||fman||Status||resolved => closed|
|Copyright © 2000 - 2019 MantisBT Team|