Mantis Bugtracker          
testlink.org

View Issue Details Jump to Notes ] Issue History ] Print ]
IDProjectCategoryView StatusDate SubmittedLast Update
0003079TestLinkReportspublic2010-01-21 21:042010-05-01 20:34
Reporternikwik 
Assigned Tomhavlat 
PrioritynormalSeveritymajorReproducibilityalways
StatusclosedResolutionfixed 
PlatformOSOS Version
Product Version1.8.4 
Fixed in Version1.9 Beta 2 
Summary0003079: Testing Notes does no formatting of the text entered
DescriptionAt execution of a TC I want to write some text in the field "Testing Notes". I write multiple lines with spaces and "carrage return" and possibly a tab here and there. At the time of the writing, things look good, but after having saved the testresult and displaying a Test Report (checking the Metrix box), the text in the report is just "rubbish". Everything is concatenated into a big "textblob"
TagsNo tags attached.
Database (MySQL,Postgres,etc)
BrowserFF and IE7/8
PHP Version5
TestCaseID
QA Team - Task Workflow Status
Attached Files

- Relationships
related to 0003059closedfman Test case is displayed in Specification without applying font formating 

-  Notes
(0008798)
mhavlat (reporter)
2010-01-25 01:39

Fixed in 1.9

Your fix for 1.8:
lib/functions/print.inc.php


    if ($executionNotes != '') // show exection notes is not empty
    {
        $out .= '<tr><td width="' . $cfg['firstColWidth'] . '" valign="top">'.$labels['testnotes'] . '</td>' .
                '<td>' . nl2br($executionNotes) . "</td></tr>\n";
    }
(0008800)
nikwik (reporter)
2010-01-25 17:10

Thanks for a fast solution! One drawback with your code is that the testing notes disapered when generating the TestReport. So I just added "nl2br" to the old code like this:

--cut--

'<td>' . nl2br($executionNotes) . "</td></tr>\n";

--cut--

And voila' the text within the notesfield is formatted nicely! Sorry to reopen the case again, but I just did not know of any other solution to add my note...
(0008802)
mhavlat (reporter)
2010-01-25 18:19

You are welcome.

- Issue History
Date Modified Username Field Change
2010-01-21 21:04 nikwik New Issue
2010-01-21 21:04 nikwik Browser => FF and IE7/8
2010-01-21 21:04 nikwik PHP Version => 5
2010-01-22 06:26 fman Status new => assigned
2010-01-22 06:26 fman Assigned To => mhavlat
2010-01-22 06:53 fman Relationship added related to 0003059
2010-01-25 01:39 mhavlat Note Added: 0008798
2010-01-25 01:39 mhavlat Status assigned => resolved
2010-01-25 01:39 mhavlat Fixed in Version => 1.9 (DEV)
2010-01-25 01:39 mhavlat Resolution open => fixed
2010-01-25 17:10 nikwik Note Added: 0008800
2010-01-25 17:10 nikwik Status resolved => assigned
2010-01-25 17:10 nikwik Resolution fixed => reopened
2010-01-25 18:19 mhavlat Note Added: 0008802
2010-01-25 18:19 mhavlat Status assigned => resolved
2010-01-25 18:19 mhavlat Resolution reopened => fixed
2010-05-01 20:34 fman Status resolved => closed



Copyright © 2000 - 2020 MantisBT Team
Powered by Mantis Bugtracker