|Anonymous | Login | Signup for a new account||2019-08-20 15:01 UTC|
|Main | My View | View Issues | Change Log | My Account|
|View Issue Details|
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0003062||TestLink||Test Specification||public||2010-01-13 23:22||2019-01-19 15:16|
|Product Version||1.8.5 (bug fixing)|
|Fixed in Version|
|Summary||0003062: Add a prompt if user attempts to add a save a TC with the same name as another with in a TS|
|Description||There should be a prompt displayed to the user if they attempt to save a Test Case with the same name as another Test Case within the same Test Suite. |
1. Within Test Suite A, create and save a test case.
2. Update tree and select test case created, Click Move/Copy
3. Update tree to see copied test case with timestamp
4. Select the new copy of the original, remove timestamp but do not make any other changes to the title. Modify the steps and Save.
5. At this point there is not prompt to indicate you are attempting to save a duplicate. Update the tree. The changes are not saved because the titles were the same.
The prompt should indicate you are attempting to save with the same name and give the user the option to cancel save process to modify the name/title of the TC or continue but that changes will not be saved.
|Tags||No tags attached.|
|QA Team - Task Workflow Status||TBD|
|As reference, the test case ID is unique, not the Title or Summary.|
Why was this ticket assigned?
It is not a problem to have the TC titles not unique.
On my perspective, I need this to remain as is.
It will be a problem if a validation is added, on my TC DB and the way we manage it.
Every request from users should be analysed and not assigned and done without assessments etc.
1. Do you know what does means 'Assigned' in our development process ?
2. If you want to comment our choices, next time try to use a VERY different approach.
Just to clarify the issue: The problem is when saving a test case with the same name, the changes are not saved, but lost.
This could mean data loss and needs a fix. The two options are:
1. Allow duplicate names and warn the user if a duplicate name is entered
2. If name collision is found, allow user to modify the name and then save again without losing data.
I think duplicate names could be confusing and see no reason to allow it.
@qabe: Why do you want duplicate names?
Hi, In response, yes that is the issue.
I like the idea of a warning indicating the are about to save a test case with a duplicate name an giving the user the option to cancel the save so they can modify the name.
|Is there anything new on this issue?|
|2010-01-13 23:22||raena_steeves||New Issue|
|2010-01-13 23:22||raena_steeves||Browser||=> FF 3.0|
|2010-01-15 03:07||qabe||Note Added: 0008688|
|2010-01-22 06:50||fman||Status||new => assigned|
|2010-01-22 06:50||fman||Assigned To||=> Eloff|
|2010-01-23 01:14||qabe||Note Added: 0008771|
|2010-01-23 04:22||fman||Note Added: 0008775|
|2010-01-23 23:33||Eloff||Note Added: 0008782|
|2010-01-25 00:07||raena_steeves||Note Added: 0008797|
|2010-03-03 04:46||fman||Status||assigned => feedback|
|2016-12-12 13:33||Arndt||Note Added: 0025719|
|2019-01-19 15:16||fman||QA Team - Task Workflow Status||=> TBD|
|2019-01-19 15:16||fman||Status||feedback => closed|
|2019-01-19 15:16||fman||Assigned To||Eloff =>|
|2019-01-19 15:16||fman||Resolution||open => suspended|
|Copyright © 2000 - 2019 MantisBT Team|