Mantis Bugtracker          
testlink.org

View Issue Details Jump to Notes ] Issue History ] Print ]
IDProjectCategoryView StatusDate SubmittedLast Update
0002553TestLinkInstallerpublic2009-05-29 08:362013-05-20 19:51
Reportermonsieur_jj 
Assigned Tofman 
PrioritynormalSeverityminorReproducibilityalways
StatusclosedResolutionfixed 
PlatformOSOS Version
Product Version1.8.0 
Fixed in Version1.9.7 (2013 Q2 - bug fixing) 
Summary0002553: Search function cannot search testcases created before upgrade.
DescriptionThe search function does not work and shows "Your search delivered no results! " if a testcase created from the previous version of testlink(1.7.4).

Additional InformationThe search function is working when a testcase created in 1.8.0 is being searched.

The old issues have null as their prefix and O used this update script to try to fix the issue:
UPDATE testprojects t set prefix = "TC" WHERE prefix IS NULL;

unfortunately it still does not work.
TagsNo tags attached.
Database (MySQL,Postgres,etc)
Browser
PHP Version
TestCaseID
QA Team - Task Workflow StatusTBD
Attached Files

- Relationships

-  Notes
(0007086)
mhavlat (reporter)
2009-05-29 15:19

Are you sure that you migrate data properly?
You must do two steps:
- Upgrade DB schema
- Migrate data

I expect that you did just the first step. Could you confirm?
(0007088)
monsieur_jj (reporter)
2009-05-29 15:22

What I did is upgrade my current testlink then when all the issues appeared to be -0 I did this:
UPDATE tcversions a SET a.tc_external_id = (SELECT b.parent_id from nodes_hierarchy b where a.id = b.id);
(0007089)
mhavlat (reporter)
2009-05-29 16:12

Clarify: "upgrade my current testlink"

You must follow both these two links in installer:

Upgrade Database (Needed while migrating from 1.7.2)
Migration from 1.7.2 (or greater) to 1.8.0
(0007090)
monsieur_jj (reporter)
2009-05-29 16:19

I did everything in the install page as instructed
(0007471)
mhavlat (reporter)
2009-07-09 05:47

Your data migration process probably failed. I'm not able to reproduce your problem with whole description: "I did everything in the install page as instructed ".
My migration filled TC prefixes properly.

Are you able to try migration process once again and verify that no error is reported during or after process by migration script?
(0007834)
Joe23 (reporter)
2009-08-27 02:42

If you are getting the Test Case ID of "-0" then chances are you have not done the Data Migration. You most likely did just the DB schema upgrade. I just ran into the same issue of seeing the ID of "-0" for all my test cases.

Once I did the migration, the -0 was no longer there.

- Issue History
Date Modified Username Field Change
2009-05-29 08:36 monsieur_jj New Issue
2009-05-29 15:19 mhavlat Note Added: 0007086
2009-05-29 15:19 mhavlat Status new => feedback
2009-05-29 15:19 mhavlat Category General => Installer
2009-05-29 15:22 monsieur_jj Note Added: 0007088
2009-05-29 16:12 mhavlat Note Added: 0007089
2009-05-29 16:19 monsieur_jj Note Added: 0007090
2009-07-09 05:47 mhavlat Note Added: 0007471
2009-08-27 02:42 Joe23 Note Added: 0007834
2013-05-20 19:51 fman QA Team - Task Workflow Status => TBD
2013-05-20 19:51 fman Status feedback => closed
2013-05-20 19:51 fman Assigned To => fman
2013-05-20 19:51 fman Resolution open => fixed
2013-05-20 19:51 fman Fixed in Version => 1.9.7 (2013 Q2 - bug fixing)



Copyright © 2000 - 2018 MantisBT Team
Powered by Mantis Bugtracker