Mantis Bugtracker          
testlink.org

View Issue Details Jump to Notes ] Issue History ] Print ]
IDProjectCategoryView StatusDate SubmittedLast Update
0002502TestLinkLocalizationpublic2009-05-13 20:012010-01-13 21:43
Reporterkeeyou 
Assigned Tofman 
PrioritynormalSeverityminorReproducibilityalways
StatusclosedResolutionfixed 
PlatformOSOS Version
Product Version1.8.2 
Fixed in Version1.8.3 
Summary0002502: Issue no 002491is not resolved
DescriptionI'm reporting new issue, cos I probably don't have rights to reopen issue.
Issue no 002491 is not resolved, because:
1. the problem still persists in my "production" instance of TestLink 1.8.2
2. I don't understand what to make of the last note added by fman to that issue.

Please explain the solution to me, clearly.

Cite of the last note to issue 002491:

"1. I'm not able to reproduce using 1.8 BRANCH and 1.8.2, I do not know if problem arise due to some accented character.
I will retest with this user data

2. What systema has to do is very simple:
1. try to localize and if not possible use label as is without giving any error.
IMHO this is a simple and effective solution.
If user wants to localize the he / she will use custom_strings.txt

Conclusion: there is nothing to change on code, it will stay as is today.

You can add this information into documentation."
TagsNo tags attached.
Database (MySQL,Postgres,etc)
BrowserIE6, FireFox 2.0
PHP Version5.2.9
TestCaseID
QA Team - Task Workflow Status
Attached Filespng file icon screen_1cf.PNG [^] (20,641 bytes) 2009-05-14 02:09


zip file icon fix-2491-1.8.2.zip [^] (25,771 bytes) 2009-05-15 00:02

- Relationships
duplicate of 0002491closedfman Warning concerning not localized name of custom field - which is not localizable. 

-  Notes
(0006859)
fman (administrator)
2009-05-13 22:24

I've downloaded 1.8.2 do fresh install, and do tests using admin user.
I was not able to reproduce your problem then I've no other choice that set it to resolved.
I will ask you this:
1. get again from sourceforge 1.8.2
2. do a fresh install
3. do test with admin
4. retest
5. give us feedback

>> 2. I don't understand what to make of the last note added by fman to that
>> issue
this explain what I has verified and how system works
(0006861)
fman (administrator)
2009-05-13 22:49

I've rechecked and do not found code on cfield classes that try to localize label.
I was certain (and I'm wrong) that once I've tried to localize custom field label.
I need your help to undertands where this issue is happening.

Regards
(0006869)
schlundus (reporter)
2009-05-14 00:54

@fman
have a look at
html_table_of_custom_field_inputs
html_table_of_custom_field_values
in testsuiteclass.php which seems to have this "feature" ?
(0006873)
keeyou (reporter)
2009-05-14 02:08

I did as you said fman.

1. downloaded again 1.8.2 (zip)
2. unpacked
3. put unpacked files on the server
4. ran the browser (FF)
5. logged in to TestLink as admin
6. choosen 'Personal' link
7. changed locale to: 'Polski' (polish)
8. created new custom field:
- name: 'ABC'
- label: 'New custom field ABC'
- type: numeric
- available for: Requirement Specification Document
9. assigned custom field ABC to the testproject 'KLOCEK'
10. selected the testproject KLOCEK context
11. choosen 'Requirement Specification document' link on the main page
12. created new requirement specification:
- title: 'new srs'
- scope: empty
- overwritten count of REQs: empty
- new custom field ABC: 2
13. choosen 'Personal' link
14. changed locale to 'English (wide/UK)
15. choosen 'Requirement Specification document' link on the main page
16. created new requirement specification:
- title: 'new srs 2'
- scope: empty
- overwritten count of REQs: empty
- new custom field ABC: 2
17. entered event viewer -> what i saw, is on the screenshot attached

is there anything else I can help with?
Greets.
/KeeYou
(0006889)
fman (administrator)
2009-05-14 22:46

@Andreas:
Thanks! I was looking for this code but also on testcase class
(0006892)
fman (administrator)
2009-05-14 23:55

Problem found, will be fixed soon
(0006893)
fman (administrator)
2009-05-15 00:01

use attached code, retest and give feedback
(0006975)
keeyou (reporter)
2009-05-20 13:39

replaced attached code and tested.
it is ok now, in the event viewer there are no more generated such warnings of localization.
thanks fman for resolving the problem.
greets.

- Issue History
Date Modified Username Field Change
2009-05-13 20:01 keeyou New Issue
2009-05-13 20:01 keeyou Browser => IE6, FireFox 2.0
2009-05-13 20:01 keeyou PHP Version => 5.2.9
2009-05-13 22:24 fman Note Added: 0006859
2009-05-13 22:24 fman Status new => feedback
2009-05-13 22:49 fman Note Added: 0006861
2009-05-14 00:54 schlundus Note Added: 0006869
2009-05-14 02:08 keeyou Note Added: 0006873
2009-05-14 02:09 keeyou File Added: screen_1cf.PNG
2009-05-14 11:25 amitkhullar Relationship added duplicate of 0002491
2009-05-14 22:46 fman Note Added: 0006889
2009-05-14 22:47 fman Status feedback => assigned
2009-05-14 22:47 fman Assigned To => fman
2009-05-14 23:55 fman Note Added: 0006892
2009-05-15 00:01 fman Note Added: 0006893
2009-05-15 00:02 fman File Added: fix-2491-1.8.2.zip
2009-05-20 13:39 keeyou Note Added: 0006975
2009-05-26 16:27 fman Status assigned => resolved
2009-05-26 16:27 fman Fixed in Version => 1.8.3 (bug fixing)
2009-05-26 16:27 fman Resolution open => fixed
2010-01-13 21:43 mhavlat Status resolved => closed



Copyright © 2000 - 2020 MantisBT Team
Powered by Mantis Bugtracker