Mantis Bugtracker          
testlink.org

View Issue Details Jump to Notes ] Issue History ] Print ]
IDProjectCategoryView StatusDate SubmittedLast Update
0001772TestLinkReportspublic2008-10-06 17:332010-05-01 20:33
Reporteramitkhullar 
Assigned Toamitkhullar 
PrioritynormalSeveritymajorReproducibilityalways
StatusclosedResolutionfixed 
PlatformOSOS Version
Product Version1.8 Beta 3 
Fixed in Version1.9 (Prague) 
Summary0001772: Incorrest Test Case Count in the Report General Test Plan Metrics
Description General Test Plan Metrics report has the incorrect test case count for each build in Overall Build Status section, please see the image attached hereby.

It should be what I have highlighted in the Result by Keyword Section.

Where as it shows the consolidated values in the Overall Build Status but its showing the same values against all builds, I think it should only consolidate at Test Plan Level but not at Build Level.

Does it makes sense ?

Amit
TagsNo tags attached.
Database (MySQL,Postgres,etc)
Browser
PHP Version
TestCaseID
QA Team - Task Workflow Status
Attached Filesjpg file icon untitled.JPG [^] (108,381 bytes) 2008-10-06 17:33


jpg file icon TC Count.JPG [^] (109,206 bytes) 2008-10-06 17:52

- Relationships

-  Notes
(0004278)
fman (administrator)
2008-10-06 22:16

Please give detailed steps to reproduce
(0004282)
amitkhullar (reporter)
2008-10-06 23:06

You have say 2 builds A and B in a test plan

A has say 6 Test Cases in Total for Exec
B has say 13 Test Cases in Total for Exec.

SO when Test Cases are executed in multiple builds and when a final report is seen on the General Test Plan Metrics the Test Case Count is cumulative total of 19 rather than 6 and 13 specified in front of each build.

You can see the same in the Attachment TC Count.JPG
1: The TC values in RED Boxes are the one being talked here(Incorrect).
2: The TC value in BLUE Box is correct for the complete Test Plan.
3: The TC value in the PINK BOX (Result by keyword) are correct and should be displayed in the Red Boxes above (Overall Build Status).

Thanks
Hope I made myself clear.
Amit
(0004299)
amitkhullar (reporter)
2008-10-07 19:06

Did u get any insight into this issue.

Amit
(0004301)
fman (administrator)
2008-10-07 19:26

@amitkhullar
Hope I will be clear enough: you can not expect that one non blocking issue will be solved on one day.
Pleas Remember this is a community effort => we donate our (spare) time.



stay tunned
(0004352)
amitkhullar (reporter)
2008-10-11 01:12

i just wanted to make sure u understood the issue, no offense , sorry if u felt so.

Amit
(0004494)
amitkhullar (reporter)
2008-11-03 18:21

Any update on this issue.

Thanks
Amit
(0004854)
amitkhullar (reporter)
2008-12-16 13:42

Hi, did u get any chance to lookinto thisissue.

Amit
(0005182)
cmeury (reporter)
2009-02-02 16:47

Amit, are you sure all of the tests associated with the "14.sp8_1.16" build are also annotated with the "14.sp8_1.16" keyword? To me, it looks like only 6 of them have this keyword, that's why there is this difference in the metrics display.
(0005183)
amitkhullar (reporter)
2009-02-02 17:03

No, u dint get the point here ,

14sp8_1.16 Suit has only 6 test cases in it, each assigned with resp. buildname as keyword
14sp8_1.16 Suit has only 13 test cases in it, each assigned with resp. buildname as keyword

So the Total no of Test Cases in the Test Plan in 19 which is correct

But when u see the top report section in Overall Build Status it should display the data as
Build TC Total Not Run Pass Fail etc..
14sp8_1.16 6 ...
14sp8_1.36 13 ...

instead currently the displayed result is sum of all builds which is 19.

Hope this makes it more clear
(0005184)
cmeury (reporter)
2009-02-02 17:27

Hm, is it possible that the display fails when a build is the same string as a keyword? By quickly glancing on the code I found out that maps are used a lot. However, I could not spot the problem.
(0008416)
mhavlat (reporter)
2009-12-07 02:44

Amit, is there still issue? I think that solution is in the 1.9 release. Am I right?

- Issue History
Date Modified Username Field Change
2008-10-06 17:33 amitkhullar New Issue
2008-10-06 17:33 amitkhullar File Added: untitled.JPG
2008-10-06 17:52 amitkhullar File Added: TC Count.JPG
2008-10-06 22:16 fman Note Added: 0004278
2008-10-06 22:16 fman Status new => feedback
2008-10-06 23:06 amitkhullar Note Added: 0004282
2008-10-07 19:06 amitkhullar Note Added: 0004299
2008-10-07 19:26 fman Note Added: 0004301
2008-10-11 01:12 amitkhullar Note Added: 0004352
2008-11-03 18:21 amitkhullar Note Added: 0004494
2008-12-16 13:42 amitkhullar Note Added: 0004854
2009-02-02 16:47 cmeury Note Added: 0005182
2009-02-02 17:03 amitkhullar Note Added: 0005183
2009-02-02 17:27 cmeury Note Added: 0005184
2009-12-07 02:43 mhavlat Status feedback => assigned
2009-12-07 02:43 mhavlat Assigned To => amitkhullar
2009-12-07 02:44 mhavlat Note Added: 0008416
2010-02-18 16:29 amitkhullar Status assigned => resolved
2010-02-18 16:29 amitkhullar Fixed in Version => 1.9 (Prague)
2010-02-18 16:29 amitkhullar Resolution open => fixed
2010-05-01 20:33 fman Status resolved => closed



Copyright © 2000 - 2019 MantisBT Team
Powered by Mantis Bugtracker