Mantis Bugtracker          
testlink.org

View Issue Details Jump to Notes ] Issue History ] Print ]
IDProjectCategoryView StatusDate SubmittedLast Update
0001715TestLinkLocalizationpublic2008-09-18 19:042009-01-20 05:19
ReporterMartinE75 
Assigned Toschlundus 
PrioritynormalSeveritytextReproducibilityhave not tried
StatusclosedResolutionfixed 
PlatformOSOS Version
Product Version1.8 Beta 3 
Fixed in Version1.8 RC 3 
Summary0001715: German translations
DescriptionHi guys!

As the German localization had some missing texts, i tried to complete them but got lost as the order of the text variables was sometimes mixed up compared to the en_gb localization.

Therefore i decided to write a small PHP script to bring things back in line.

Basically it does the following:
1) Read the en_gb strings.txt file
2) If a variable definition is found, try to get the according value from the german strings.txt.
3) If no value was found at step 2), output a special string "TBD: -- varname --: original string"
4) If a value was foun at 2), output variable with german text to new file
5) If no variable definition was found, just copy the line from the original file to the new one

I also translated some of the missing strings, some are still not translated since i haven't found/understood the context.

Everything is based on latest HEAD revision (2008/09/18)

Find attached my strings.txt for de_DE and the script.

BTW: cool project, i'm considering to use it at our company (but i'm still comparing/investigating)
TagsNo tags attached.
Database (MySQL,Postgres,etc)
Browser
PHP Version
TestCaseID
QA Team - Task Workflow Status
Attached Fileszip file icon testlink_strings.zip [^] (21,458 bytes) 2008-09-18 19:04
zip file icon strings.zip [^] (23,978 bytes) 2009-01-08 00:31

- Relationships

-  Notes
(0004101)
mhavlat (reporter)
2008-09-18 20:37

Reminder sent to: schlundus

Andreas, could you care?
(0004113)
schlundus (reporter)
2008-09-20 03:37

en and de are now in sync, but a lot of strings still need to be localized
(0004934)
mhavlat (reporter)
2009-01-06 20:47

Reminder sent to: MartinE75

MartinE75, please take the latest files from CVS, update and attach here, if you still can help. thanks.
(0004935)
mhavlat (reporter)
2009-01-06 20:49

Andreas, please close it, if the work is already done.
(0004953)
MartinE75 (reporter)
2009-01-08 00:32

Added the updated strings.txt as zip file. Currently working on texts.php but this will take some time - not sure when i can finish the translation.
(0004954)
schlundus (reporter)
2009-01-08 00:43

Thanks i will check the file
(0004957)
schlundus (reporter)
2009-01-08 01:49

Integrated (Thanks again!)

- Issue History
Date Modified Username Field Change
2008-09-18 19:04 MartinE75 New Issue
2008-09-18 19:04 MartinE75 File Added: testlink_strings.zip
2008-09-18 20:37 mhavlat Note Added: 0004101
2008-09-20 03:37 schlundus Note Added: 0004113
2009-01-06 20:47 mhavlat Note Added: 0004934
2009-01-06 20:48 mhavlat Status new => assigned
2009-01-06 20:48 mhavlat Assigned To => schlundus
2009-01-06 20:49 mhavlat Note Added: 0004935
2009-01-08 00:31 MartinE75 File Added: strings.zip
2009-01-08 00:32 MartinE75 Note Added: 0004953
2009-01-08 00:43 schlundus Note Added: 0004954
2009-01-08 01:49 schlundus Status assigned => resolved
2009-01-08 01:49 schlundus Fixed in Version => next development 1.8 RC3
2009-01-08 01:49 schlundus Resolution open => fixed
2009-01-08 01:49 schlundus Note Added: 0004957
2009-01-20 05:19 mhavlat Status resolved => closed



Copyright © 2000 - 2020 MantisBT Team
Powered by Mantis Bugtracker