MantisBT - TestLink
|View Issue Details|
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0008328||TestLink||Installer||public||2018-07-11 07:38||2018-07-11 08:22|
|Product Version||1.9.17 (2018 Q1)|
|Fixed in Version|
|Issue Report Quality|
|QA Team - Task Workflow Status||TBD|
|Summary||0008328: Regex removing char from Database information at installation|
|Description||We've come to an issue while making a new installation, specially at the database configuration step.|
Throwing that error : Creating connection to Database Server: Failed!
We made a vardump(into php code at line 165) to see if there was any data loss and by investigating a bit and we found out the problem.
In the install/InstallNewDB.php file at line 56 there is a regex that only contain : #$san = '/[^A-Za-z0-9\-]/';#
And this regex (with "preg_replace(...)" method) removed the char that are not contained in it.
server.domain.com ==> serverdomaincom
admin_db ==> admindb
paswword also got changed
|Steps To Reproduce||1. Just run a new Installation at your first testLink use. |
2. Add DB information with char (such as _.=:) either for server or user credentials
3. Check the credential that are used at the database creation step and see that some character have been removed.
|Additional Information||I try adding the missing char into it and they were not removed in the vardump result. So this is possible to workaround it manually.|
|Tags||No tags attached.|
|2018-07-11 07:38||max4578||New Issue|
|2018-07-11 08:22||fman||QA Team - Task Workflow Status||=> TBD|
|2018-07-11 08:22||fman||Priority||urgent => normal|
|2018-07-11 08:22||fman||Severity||block => minor|
|There are no notes attached to this issue.|