MantisBT - TestLink
View Issue Details
0001502TestLinkDatabase MySQLpublic2008-04-23 15:482008-12-08 20:04
fkueppers 
fman 
normalmajoralways
closedfixed 
1.7.4 
1.8 Beta 3 
Firefox 2.0.0.14
5.2.0-8+etch10 (Debian)
0001502: Test cases, Keywords and Test plans missing after migration from 1.6.3 to 1.7.4
Migration was done as follows:
- MySQL (v4.1.11) dump from old 1.6.0
- "import" to TestLink 1.6.3 -> all seems fine (Test Cases, Keywords and Testplans OK)
- setup TL 1.7.4 -> new installation
- migration from 1.6.3 to 1.7.4
-> no errors where shown, I'm able to login with the migrated users, all products and Test suites shown (TL 1.6 : Components and Categories) but no Test cases, keywords and Test plans

The old database had charset latin1. I made the migration with the latin1 db and also after converting the db dump to utf8 -> same result.

I've checked the migrated database and found the lost Test cases in table "tcversions". I also found the Test Case Titles in table "nodes_hierarchy" but the parent_id shows always "0" for Test cases. The "parent_id"/"id" of Test Suites seems to be referenced correctly

Any tables that seems to be related with keywords (keywords, object_keywords, testcase_keywords)or Testplans (testplans, testplan_tcversions) are empty
Debian Etch
TestLink 1.7.4
MySQL 5.0.32
PHP 5.2.0
No tags attached.
Issue History
2008-04-23 15:48fkueppersNew Issue
2008-04-23 15:48fkueppersBrowser => Firefox 2.0.0.14
2008-04-23 15:48fkueppersPHP Version => 5.2.0-8+etch10 (Debian)
2008-04-23 21:29fmanNote Added: 0003491
2008-04-24 15:33fkueppersNote Added: 0003494
2008-04-24 16:07fmanNote Added: 0003495
2008-04-24 16:07fmanStatusnew => assigned
2008-04-24 16:07fmanAssigned To => fman
2008-11-09 01:34fmanStatusassigned => resolved
2008-11-09 01:34fmanFixed in Version => 1.8 Beta 3
2008-11-09 01:34fmanResolutionopen => fixed
2008-12-08 20:04mhavlatStatusresolved => closed

Notes
(0003491)
fman   
2008-04-23 21:29   
only way to help is having a dump of your 1.6.x db
(0003494)
fkueppers   
2008-04-24 15:33   
RESOLVED

Problem was caused by global PHP settings in php.ini:

max_execution_time = 30 ; Maximum execution time of each script, in seconds
max_input_time = 60 ; Maximum amount of time each script may spend parsing request data
memory_limit = 16M ; Maximum amount of memory a script may consume (16MB)

was to less/small for the migration

The following works for me to migrate about 1600 Test cases:
max_execution_time = 120
max_input_time = 120
memory_limit = 64M

I don't know if this are Debian specific or PHP standard settings.

Nevertheless a hint in the Installation guide would be helpful.
(0003495)
fman   
2008-04-24 16:07   
Thanks a lot.
I will add some note on installer/migrator

Regards

Francisco